Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots

Patriot Groups throughout the Maricopa and North Pinal County area.

Any advice on the Justices/Judges part of the ballot?

I have had no experience with nor opinion the persons on that part of the ballot. I have the JPR booklet that was sent to me but am not having a lot of luck so far finding a 2nd source of general info that covers everybody and I could compare to the JPR. My eyes won't let me research each one individually...

I usually wouldn't "vote" in this part of the ballot but I'd like to know a bit more before I just leave it blank.

JohnF

West Side

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea the JPR booklet aka ratings of Judges by attorneys that practice in their court rooms is a real good and trust worthy source isn’t it? Who are these appointed Judges, really what are their political affiliations’ moral standings and ethical tendencies that they ask us, to judge, to vote on their worthiness to continue sitting on the bench.

What a joke, they live in seclusion with no real public standing to view and they ask us to vote on them, to stand in judgment?

For decades now I have been voting and advocating a ‘straight ticket’ vote when it comes to Judges’. Being conservative with libertarian tendencies (constitutional – Classic Liberal) the only way I see to vote for conservative judges is by the laws of averages that by voting YES for white male judges based on name only, and voting NO on “all others” provides the best odds, percentage wise to retain conservative Judges while purging all others. 

Isn’t the white male the target of all protected classes? Is that a bigoted assertion?

This very subject has been discussed on GPTPP over the years, has even been considered in attempting to devise a means and method to research and present so a voter can make an informed selection.        

Former West Valley Office Manager/ LD22 Activist Karen Thomas’ Judge Recommendations: Most info received from arizonajudgesreview.blogspot.com andJudicialPerformanceReview.com.  I will be voting YES for the names that are UNDERLINED.  I’ve noted the judges who received less than 60% of the vote for retention in the 2010 General election.  All others, except Karen O’Connor who received 71.66%, received in the 60s%.

·       ARIZONA SUPREME COURT

o   Bales, Scott – Napolitano 2005 Appointee

o   Brutinel, Robert – Brewer 2010 Appointee

·       MARICOPA COUNTY COURT OF APPEALS DIVISION I

o   Howe, Randall M. – Brewer 2012 Appointee -

o   Johnsen, Diane M. – Napolitano 2006 Appointee -

o   Thumma, Samuel A. – Brewer 2012 Appointee -

·       MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT

o   Aceto, Mark F. – Symington 1995 Appointee - Conservatives have a very favorable opinion about this judge.  Received favorable reviews.  Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Anderson, Aimee L. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Anderson, Arthur T. – Hull 1999 Appointee -  considered soft on crime.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Astrowsky, Bradley – Brewer 2012 Appointee – Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Bailey, Cynthia J. – Brewer 2011 Appointee -

o   Barton, Janet R. – Hull 2000 Appointee – 2010 Election Results she received 56.68% of the vote for retention.  Special assignment Criminal court

o   Bassett, Edward W. – Napolitano 2008 Appointee – Democrat – Received negative reviews.  Serves in Family Court.

o   Bergin, Dawn M. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Former attorney for Napolitano’s old law firm.  Received negative reviews.  Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Blomo, James T. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Civil Court.

o   Brain, Mark H. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Brodman, Roger R. – Symington 2002 Appointee – moderate Republican. Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Brotherton, William L. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Democrat – Formerly a far-left legislator – Inductee into the Sierra Club Hall of Fame – Has received negative reviews.  2010 Election Results he received 56.87% of the vote for retention. Serves in Family Court.

o   Cooper, Katherine M. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Civil Court.

o   Crawford, Janice K. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Family Court

o   Cunanan, David O. – Brewer 2012 Appointee – Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Davis, Norman J. – Symington 1995 Appointee – Republican – Presiding Judge in Family Court and Juvenile Court.

o   Duncan, Sally S. – Napolitano 2004 Appointee – Reputed to be a very lenient criminal judge except when it  comes to domestic violence.  Has received negative reviews.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Dunn, Boyd W. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Civil Court.

o   Fenzel, Alfred M. – Hull 1999 Appointee – Republican – Reputable attorneys have a good opinion of him but say he’s a little soft on crime.

o   Fink, Dean M. – Napolitano 2006 Appointee – Democrat – Former attorney at Napolitano’s old law firm.  Has received negative reviews.

o   Foster, Jr., George H. – Hull or Napolitano 2003 Appointee – Democrat – somewhat liberal but considered one of the most pleasant judges.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Gama, J. Richard – Hull 2000 Appointee – Democrat but considered tough on crime. Somewhat liberal.  Has received negative reviews and his rating was recently lowered.  Presiding Judge in Civil Court.

o   Granville, Warren J. – Hull 2000 Appointee – Republican but very liberal.  Has received negative reviews.  Criminal court, Capital case.  He gave a criminal only 1 year in jail and 4 years probation for breaking into a woman’s home and brutally beating her.  Fortunately, she had a gun and shot the SOB in his junk and now he is “permanently damaged”.   Good!  Maybe now he won’t be bringing any other criminals into this world.

o   Hegyl, Hugh E. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Former assistant to a liberal Senator.  Active in the State Bar’s left wing’s Legal Services Committee.  Has received negative reviews.  2010 Election Results he received only 56.3% of the vote for retention.  Serves in Civil Court.

o   Herrod, Michael J. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Civil Court.

o   Hicks, Bethany G. – Hull 1999 Appointee – Considered soft on crime and invents laws.  Has received negative reviews.  2010 Election Results she received only 53.48% of the vote for retention.  Serves in Civil Court.

o   Hyatt, Carey S. – Hull 2000 Appointee – Republican – Serves in Family Court

o   Ishikawa, Brian K. – Symington Appointee 1995 – Republican – Received high rating.  Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Kreamer, Joseph C. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Democrat – Board of Directors, left-wing AZ Foundation for Legal Services and Education.  Former Chair and active in State Bar’s left wing Legal Services.  Has received negative reviews. Serves in Criminal Court and Civil Court.

o   Martin, Daniel G. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Has received negative reviews. Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Mroz, Rosa P. – Napolitano 2004 Appointee – Very Liberal – Has received negative reviews.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Myers, Samuel J. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Former legislative intern for Democrat Senator Dennis DeConcini,   Has received negative reviews.  Special Assignment, Civil Court.

o   Norris, Benjamin R. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Has received negative reviews. 2010 Election results he received only 55.48% of the vote for retention.  Serves in Family Court.  Is the only judge to not meet the standards from the Judicial Performance Review.

o   O’Connor, Karen L. – Hull 2000 Appointee – Considered fair.  High rating. Presiding judge of the Phoenix Probate/Mental Health court.

o   Pineda, Suzanna C. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Considered to be a RINO.  Has received negative reviews.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Polk, Jay – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Family Court.

o   Porter, Gerald J. – Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Family Court and Civil Court.  Did not do well on the Judicial Performance Review.

o   Rea, John C. – Napolitano 2004 Appointee – Democrat -  Has received negative reviews.  Serves on Civil Court.

o   Reinstein, Peter C. – Hull 1999 Appointee – High Rating – Serves in Family Court

o   Ronan, Emmet J. – Hull 2000 Appointee – Defended some of the most heinous criminals in the state.  Received negative reviews.

o   Sinclair, Joan M. – Brewer 2012 Appointee – Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Svoboda, Pamela Hearn – Brewer 2012 Appointee – Serves in Juvenile Court

o   Talamante, David M. – Hull 1999 Appointee – Independent -  formerly worked for AG’s office and left wing community legal services.  Considered somewhat fair, middle of the road, not biased towards criminal defense but not considered a tough sentencer.  Presiding judge in Family Court.

o   Viola, Danielle J. -  Brewer 2011 Appointee – Serves in Family Court.

o   Warner, Randall H. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Democrat - former law clerk for liberal AZ Supreme Court Chief Justice  Thomas Ziaket.  State Bar of AZ, Editorial Committee, left wing AZ Attorney Magazine, AZ Association of Denfense Counsel.  Circulated anti-marriage petitions for Napolitano and was rewarded with a judgeship for it.  Has received negative reviews.  Serves in Family Court.

o   Welty, Joseph C. – Napolitano 2007 Appointee – Democrat - has received negative reviews.  Serves in Criminal Court.

o   Willett, Eileen S. – Hull 1999 Appointee – High rating.  Serves on Civil Court.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Kelly Townsend.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service