Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots

Patriot Groups throughout the Maricopa and North Pinal County area.

The challenge before Arizona conservatives--overcoming the progressive thugocracy of our own GOP--sometimes seems insurmountable, but rest assured they will listen to us sooner or later, because they will learn that without us, they will win few elections.

One of the things we need to do in fighting that war is to press our own state Republican committee members to fight for a new RNC chair who will embrace the conservative branch of the party, not spit on us.  They will be Arizona's voices in voting to replace the failed Reince Priebus as national RNC Chairman.  I will be sending an email today to our committeemen, Bruce Ash and Sharon Giese, and to the state chairman, Tom Morrissey, asking that they support a candidate who has demonstrated a commitment to the U.S. Constitution and to conservative values, and who better represents the beliefs and interests of the stte of Arizona.

If you would like to add your voice to the chorus, you can find the names and email addresses of these individuals at:  http://www.azgop.org/azgop-leadership/state-party

It's time to find out whether the Republican Party is really interested in winning elections or not, because without us they can not win.  I think we should give them the chance to make that decision before we pull the plug on them altogether.

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sending the following letter to all the members of the Republican leadership in the state legislature and to the Governor on the subject of Nullification.  Yes, I know there's as much corruption at the state level as there is in Washington, but we need to start flooding them with enough demands for action to make them fear for their political careers at the next election.  "Republicans" hold governorships in 30 of the 50 states, and majorities in both houses in most of those.  If the states can be kicked into acting in unison along these lines, they just might be able to tame Fedzilla to some extent.

Dear Mr. Speaker and Representatives,

Like tens of millions across America, I was devastated by the results of the 2012 elections.  I am sickened by the apparent loss of everything I believed America stood for, and infuriated at the clear evidence of massive fraud that influenced the election results.

To make things worse, the “Republican leadership” in Washington is doubling down on failure, casting aside what remains of their conservative principles to engage in another round of "Like us, we're progressives too".  In doing so they are abandoning millions of us who believe in those conservative principles and in the Constitution, and in some cases even ridiculing and blaming us for their dismal failures at the polls.

Now both parties in Washington--in both the legislative and executive branches--are pursuing a host of progressive, irresponsible, and outright unconstitutional policies that may severely and permanently damage the economy and the cause of liberty in America.  Too few of our senators and representatives in the U.S. Congress have the will or the backbone to stand up for the principles of freedom and limited, constitutional government.  Neither do the courts seem inclined any more to defend the Constitution as they are sworn to do.

It will therefore fall to the individual state legislatures and governors to stand up against the unconstitutional laws and edicts of a rogue federal government.  America’s founders understood that the 3-branch system of checks and balances they established could become so corrupted or so dominated by a single political philosophy that it could no longer function as a safeguard to liberty.  They considered it the right and the duty of the state governments—through the process of Nullification—to be the final arbiters of the constitutionality of federal laws.

I therefore urge you to seriously discuss a formal Nullification procedure here in the state of Arizona to protect our state and our citizens against the threat of tyranny from Washington.  As an alternative, please consider the passage of legislation directly blocking implementation of unconstitutional federal edicts.  Here are just a few areas where such action is needed:

• Blocking or limiting implementation of Obamacare
  • Protecting First, Second, and Fourth Amendment rights of Arizonans
  • Protecting the border against illegal immigration and drug-related violence
  • Preventing imposition of foreign laws or treaties in violation of the Constitution
  • Limiting the ability of federal agencies such as DHS and TSA to violate the rights of Americans within the state

I understand the potential implications of such actions.  I am therefore sending a similar letter to Governor Brewer encouraging her to work with the governors of other states to make implementation of such measures widespread enough to have a real and lasting impact on the balance of power between the federal government and the states.

Please show the people of Arizona that they can count on you to stand up for the cause of liberty!

Respectfully,

~~~~

I have to agree with everyone here about not having any real contact from Tea Party groups that I have written to.  As far as the Rep party, I left two years ago, but decided to vote one more time in November and sent money to 5 candidates.   I am frustrated, but not ready to give up.  At times I feel like I am the only one out here emailing and calling representatives, but after reading these comments, perhaps not.  I do NOT believe we can win going the republican way any longer.  I want to form a conservative party here in AZ.  Alot of us have left the party but the independent and or libertarian really doesn't fit us. Jeff I am going to friend you, please keep me in the loop with anything folks have decided upon.  A meeting would be great, I am not much for licking my wounds, I prefer to move forward and continue to fight.  Remember it takes but a dedicated few to change the world.

Jeffrey, your letter was outstanding.  I whole-heartly agree, it will take the states to protect the Constitution, and its people.  Thank you for all you do.

AZKate said:

I have to agree with everyone here about not having any real contact from Tea Party groups that I have written to.  As far as the Rep party, I left two years ago, but decided to vote one more time in November and sent money to 5 candidates.   I am frustrated, but not ready to give up.  At times I feel like I am the only one out here emailing and calling representatives, but after reading these comments, perhaps not.  I do NOT believe we can win going the republican way any longer.  I want to form a conservative party here in AZ.  Alot of us have left the party but the independent and or libertarian really doesn't fit us. Jeff I am going to friend you, please keep me in the loop with anything folks have decided upon.  A meeting would be great, I am not much for licking my wounds, I prefer to move forward and continue to fight.  Remember it takes but a dedicated few to change the world.

I left the Republican Party after the Re-election of Rob Haney, and Election of Tom Morrissey to the State GOP Chair in January of 2011.  There is a difference between being Constitutional/Conservative and being Republican.  The followers of Haney are Republican first and will do anything to get a person with an R elected, including lying and harrassing other R's to get them to quit or lose a primary.  Our "Committeemen" have the same R mentality.  Asking them to change something in the National Party is a waste of energy.

As the R's further embrace the "Progressive" values, (much as the Whig's Did in the 1800's) more and more Constitutional Conservatives will be disenfranchised by the R Party.  This will inevitably lead to a new Party just as the R's replaced the Whigs http://www.ushistory.org/gop/origins.htm, so too shall the Constitutionalists replace the R's.

God Bless America and the Republic for which we stand.

Jim, I know you know all about the Republican party and its shenanigans--if I remember right, I think I signed several petitions on your behalf in the last few election cycles.  :) 

I don't think we're at the point yet where the Republican party is ready to collapse as the Whig Party did.  They are still powerful and well-supported by their constituents and corporate and special interests.  Also back in the 1800's the alternative party was not hell-bent on the rapid destruction of the Constitution and the nation.  It was quite some time between the time the Whigs seriously faltered and the time Lincoln catapulted the fledgling Republican party to major victories and Congressional majorities.  I don't think we can afford to let today's "Democrats" rule the roost for another decade or two while we battle the GOP to the death and convince 50 million voters to leave their comfort zone and join a new party.

In time it may be necessary.  But because I fear the permanent damage that would result from the left fully controlling the Federal government if we split the vote with a third party, I don't want to give up on the strategy of forcing candidates into the existing GOP through popular mandate, and "stealing" their existing voter base.

Jim Deakin said:

I left the Republican Party after the Re-election of Rob Haney, and Election of Tom Morrissey to the State GOP Chair in January of 2011.  There is a difference between being Constitutional/Conservative and being Republican.  The followers of Haney are Republican first and will do anything to get a person with an R elected, including lying and harrassing other R's to get them to quit or lose a primary.  Our "Committeemen" have the same R mentality.  Asking them to change something in the National Party is a waste of energy.

As the R's further embrace the "Progressive" values, (much as the Whig's Did in the 1800's) more and more Constitutional Conservatives will be disenfranchised by the R Party.  This will inevitably lead to a new Party just as the R's replaced the Whigs http://www.ushistory.org/gop/origins.htm, so too shall the Constitutionalists replace the R's.

God Bless America and the Republic for which we stand.

Haven't we been giving them that "chance" for the past twenty-five years?  Let's keep that in mind.

Yes, we've been giving them the chance, and clearly they won't take advantage of that chance.  Now it's time to force them to bend to the will of the conservative half of America.  But we'll have a much better chance of success by taking over the party from within than trying to beat it from the outside.  Only if we reach the point where the Republican party is in a state of collapse and incapable of winning elections can they be dispatched in one blow by a third party without giving the hard left a decade of unchallenged rule.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Kelly Townsend.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service