Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots

Patriot Groups throughout the Maricopa and North Pinal County area.

If problem solving were a simple process, everyone would mostly agree on what should be done.

There are many reasons that problems don't get solved quickly and correctly in a group context.

1. We get overwhelmed by the apparent complexity of the problem, so that we can't even agree on a Definition Of The Problem.

2. We spend a lot of time arguing about the details without getting to the Root Cause.

3. If we even manage to get to an agreement as to the Root Cause, we can't seem to formulate a solution which we can put into practice and which will solve the problem without creating other problems.

In our complex governmental structure, problems cascade as time progresses, each one evolving from a previous mistake. For example, take a look at this series of mistakes, leading to the Depression of 2008:

o President Carter had a dream of Affordable Housing for everyone.

o Congress passed the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977,

to help poor people buy Affordable Housing.

o President Clinton forced Fannie Mae to issue "No Doc"

and ARM mortgages, to people who couldn't qualify.

o Barney Frank and Chris Dodd said Fannie Mae was

doing just fine, and Wall Street was doing just fine selling the

bad paper, and so they refused to put controls on Sub-Prime

mortgages.

o People couldn't pay, so mortgages went into

foreclosure, causing the infamous Bank Liquidity Problem.

o Depression of 2008, incorrectly blamed on Bush

instead of the guilty Democrats.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When Obama's Geitner saw the bank liquidity problem, the tool he understood was Government Stimulus, and the banks' need for cash was the only nail he could see to work on, so he gave the Stimulus money to the banks, resulting in thousands of foreclosures all over the country, and empty trashed houses in every community.

If he had given the money to each borrower, as an interest-free loan payment boost, the money would have still ended up in the banks as regular payments, houses would still be occupied and taken care of, and the communities would not be trashed. The United States suffered billions of dollars of damage to our housing inventory because of his precipitous action, stemming from his political and financial ties back into the financial industry.

So, now the Tea Parties are faced with the tasks of selecting which problems need fixing, what are the Root Causes of the problems, and in what order the problems should be addressed.

This is not a trivial exercise, because the Tea Parties are resource-limited and money-limited. We don't have an infinte number of people, nor do we have enough money to do everything that needs to be done. We are up against a ruthless Liberal army that wants to stay at the trough and that has plenty of money to fund all types of Liberal media advertising, both in paid ads and in friendly news spinners.

We have to analyze the problems carefully, pick out the ones that we can solve, and apply our resources in a focused way, to achieve each solution with a high chance of success. We are NOT going to win by restraining ourselves with the Marquess of Queensberry rules. We have to lay punches where they hurt the most and bring down our adversaries the quickest. When you are in a street fight, you are allowed to stomp on the enemy's foot.

MY TAKE ON TODAY'S PROBLEMS

One problems stands out, head and shoulders above the rest: Unemployment

The economy is perfectly capable of recovery, so what is the Root Cause of continuing unemployment?

Simple, when you think about it  --  business uncertainty about future taxes. As long as Obama keeps talking about Tax Breaks For The Wealthy, business will hold back, and economy will not recover.

So, how do we get control of taxes on business? Don't say we can't, because if we can't, the country is doomed. Actually, there is a way  --  the House still has control over the yearly budget. We must have a budget every year, and it starts in the House.

So, if the House puts up a budget which the Senate and President don't like, gee, too bad for them. We won't have a budget, and the country stops.

Aha - so we have just multiplied our power by being willing to stop the country.

=============================

Here is my private list of Problems to Focus On Right Now, in correct order:

1. Getting control of as much of the budget as possible.

2. Maintaining 2/3 plus three majority in the House. (The plus three is to take of the idiots like Snowe who always pop up at the wrong time for a critical vote).

3. Gaining a 2/3 plus three majority in the Senate.

4. Maintaining and strengthening our state legislatures.

5. Assessing the GOP presidential candidates and supporting one ONLY if he/she has a possibility or winning. If not, don't waste time on POTUS - Obama has so much Internet and Soros money already that we have a very slim chance of winning. Don't waste our energy on a losing battle.

John Delasaux

Phoenix

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you prefer to post on a forum which has REPLY buttons, stay here.
hungry4food said:
 Did you know John The US Supreme Court has NOT done its duty for143 YEARS , and that  we have 2 versions of natural Born Citizen ?   http://ning.it/kvA21m
REPLY: In order for the Supreme Court to address the issue, the question needs to be brought to it by appeal from a lower court of jurisdiction. The proper way to make that happen is for one of the states to pass a law requiring proof of "natural-born citizenship", including a precise definition of that term. Then, when someone having standing brings suit against it, the question can start its journey up to the Supreme Court.
The advantage of this process is that it also, at the same time, forces the Supreme Court to address the States Rights issue of the ability of a state to control the exact way that elections are conducted, including the method of verifying that every candidate actually can prove a right to appear on the ballot.
Knowing how Obama and Eric Holder think about complying with the Constitution, Holder will certainly sue to kill the Arizona law, and the Supreme Court should find that the Arizona law is constitutional. 
Latest news is that Gov Brewer has vetoed the Birther Law, so, for now the question is moot. Perhaps another state will recognize the need to test the birther idea in court, and will take the positive action to pass an election requirement in their own state.

My take on problem solving is much more basic.

As I see it root Dems like to manage problems root GOP'ers like to solve problems.

Managing problems gets repeat votes and contributions. But it doesn't always take complex solutions as fixing small problems can lead to considerably less major problems down the road.

As examples is the early '70s when inflation was very high Congress debated every year how much to raise Social Security .

Finally they decided to COLA it and the months of debate and political posturing went away.

An example of Dem managing probems for votes is the minimum wage. The Dems have had many opportunities to COLA the MW but won't as it takes the vote getting issue off the table  in the election season.

The biggest mistake during the Bush '43 era was dropping the " Pay Go" budget control ways of the 1994 GOP revolution...bad and stupid in my humble opinion.

Obama is famous for:

o  Saying anything that pops into his head.

o  Forgetting what he said yesterday.

o  Saying whatever is necessary to grab another vote.

o  Totally confusing clear thinkers  --  but, for some strange reason, his supporters don't seem to be bothered by his total lack of coherent thinking.

John

I like your way of thinking about Problem Solving. 

I think you must be connected wth Aerospace and analytical thinking.

As citizens of the USA, it is up to us to get up off our soft chairs and take action to save our country.

It seems everyone has their own top priority on how to do this.

The poll on this web site resulted in the top priority of "spending".

So I think that is a good starting place.

We need to put a stop to spending on all government levels,

school boards, cities, counties, states, and both Dem and GOP federal spending.

Just as you proposed, 2/3rds control of both houses of Congress is important.

And I agree with you about Obama's advantage in the 2012 re-election.

I wish it was not so.

We can not put our hopes in a birther movement or in an impeachment movement.

Thank you again John for your INTELLIGENT way of presenting PROBLEM SOLVING !!!

HERE HERE hungry4food, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we need to include the State, County, City and School Boards as well. 

John, I love your common sense approach in solving problems.

Just last night, I decided to begin examining every Federal Program in the 2011 Budget Cut as proposed by the House of Appropriations. I was inspired by a friend on Facebook that directed me to Van Jone's moveon.org website featuring an article that describe how the Repubs are taking away services from pregnant women and children through WIC.

Everyone, as I see most common, simply reacted with outrage, just as moveon.org expected they would do.

Truth is not one person bothered to educate themselves, before, they reacted and spread the "news" on their social networks.

I believe, it's time, actually way overdue, for Patriots to start gathering the solid facts and information concerning each Federal Programs that are proposed to be cut. I also believe most Americans have a hard time wrapping their brains around large figures, such as $728 Million cut from WIC. Sounds terrible, but nobody gives us the whole picture to know they operate on a $7.252 Billion Budget with an additional annual Bonus of $2.5 Billion from Manufacturer Rebates. Serious!

The $758 Million Budget Cut doesn't sound so large now does it? The whole picture puts everything in a different perspective, counters Main Stream Media, the progressives.

I also believe, in doing the same with every proposed cut, it will shed some real light (insight) about the honor and integrity of Representatives in Congress and use the facts and information as ammo in going after the money, where it will hurt them the most, stopping them in their tracks.

I'd appreciate any help I can get from Patriots. http://spiritofamericans.com

PS. I intend to use this approach to campaign across multiple social networks to help educate everyone to counter progressive claims and take the wind right out of their sales.

Deborah, you hit on one of the major problems, when you hear the figures being quoted. And, your idea to take the wind out of their sails will assist us in keeping discussions "on track" as we get closer to the "BIG E", the election of 2012 !

The ones who lie a lot, or who are trying to fool you, LEAVE OUT the size of the program being cut. That way , you have no denominator for the fraction, so you can't calculate the PERCENTAGE CUT out of the program.

This is very typical of the Arizona Republic newspaper. They love to tell you that the Republicans are "decimating" education "for the children" with a cut of $100 million, but the real percentage turns out to be only 1 or 2 percent. 

It is essential that we know all the numbers before we let people make judgments about the cuts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Kelly Townsend.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service