Ok, I've had it with our slimy, two-faced junior Senator.  Jeff Flake has fed us a series of pretty promises but behind the scenes has served only his own ambition by serving the progressive establishment power brokers.  He betrayed us on the defunct gun control bill by voting to bring it to the floor and by voting for cloture instead of standing against it with Senate leaders Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee.  Now he's reportedly in the process of betraying the people who voted him into office again by working with the gun-grabbers to help get a gun control bill re-introduced.

Now today a news story that Flake refused to support Ted Cruz's amendment to the Amnesty bill that would have prevented newly legalized illegals from gaining immediate access to welfare, even after his spokesperson stated he would support such an amendment.  These are not the only examples.  Jeff Flake is clearly not living up to his campaign promises, nor to conservative principles in general.  We expect this kind of progressive behavior and betrayal from John McCain, but Arizona now has TWO Senators working against the will of the voters for the destruction of America.

I believe it's time to start a recall petition for both of these unprincipled liars.

Views: 1138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wayne,

What I wrote is fact not rhetoric and certainly NOT to favor the Senators, but facts are facts and you cannot recall ANY sitting Congressman.  There have been many attempts but NONE have been successful-ever! There was just a recall attempt in NJ to recall Menendez. They got the valid signatures, filed with the Sec of State, and were shot down in the first Fed'l court when Menendez sued the committee because there is no provision to recall Senators. The Committee did not have the funds to take it to the SCOTUS which is what it would take to put the issue to rest once and for all. ---although I would not predict the outcome with this SCOTUS....don't know what the so-called Repubs will rule.

There have been many committees set up to  recall McCain but they have all failed---go the SoS website and look them up.  and there is one that has been in existence since 2001 but have never managed to carry it off. You have to have money, lots of money before atttempting any recall.

Money and lots of it!!! McCain has just finagled another $420,000 from several surveillance companies seeking his Amnesty Bill "pressure" to pass it now before Congress.  That's' what  he was really doing up on "The Hill" (with Jeff Flake in tow). See, McCain has amassed a war chest of "in-kind" favors as well as cash donations...literally, unbeatable.

Only way to have him removed is a MASSIVE Tea Party voting drive. Time to start the ground work! Pray. Amen.

You have to have people willing to work, I DID go to sec of states site they give you the handbook and specific instructions how to get petition made legal. We are NOT nj and our RECALL laws are NOT the same. When you give me sec of state remarks or comments that it can't be done, I'll read. Until then arizonans ought to get off their lazy butts. I would hope the tea party if in FACT is one get to work, AGREED

JC Daley said:

Wayne,

What I wrote is fact not rhetoric and certainly NOT to favor the Senators, but facts are facts and you cannot recall ANY sitting Congressman.  There have been many attempts but NONE have been successful-ever! There was just a recall attempt in NJ to recall Menendez. They got the valid signatures, filed with the Sec of State, and were shot down in the first Fed'l court when Menendez sued the committee because there is no provision to recall Senators. The Committee did not have the funds to take it to the SCOTUS which is what it would take to put the issue to rest once and for all. ---although I would not predict the outcome with this SCOTUS....don't know what the so-called Repubs will rule.

There have been many committees set up to  recall McCain but they have all failed---go the SoS website and look them up.  and there is one that has been in existence since 2001 but have never managed to carry it off. You have to have money, lots of money before atttempting any recall.

Sorry Wayne, but we are NJ, and the other 48 states, when it comes to recalling a Congress-critter.  The Senators and Reps fall under the Constitution NOT state law.  The SoS will gladly let you take out a recall petition because it is not up to the SoS to spout the Constitution.  In Fact, when the Reps and Sens are elected they CAN sign a NON-BINDING statement that they will abide by a recall of the voters.  McCain has NEVER signed it, neither did Gabby Giffords.   It is just a "feel good" piece of paper but means absolutely nothing and the critters know it when they sign it.

Just for info, ANYONE in government CAN be IMPEACHED by citizens. There are ways if people are willing. And now you would believe the senators in colorado don't have to really quit and be gone??

you are talking apples and oranges: the "senators" in CO are STATE senators bound by STATE laws; McCain is a CONGRESSIONAL Senator bound by Constitutional law.  There is a difference.  If you really want to recall anyone in state gov't you can---Federal not!  Until the 17th Amendment is repealed the 11 Congressional reps get a pass.  That is why voting is so important--- elections have consequences....McCain is a consequence of too many people voting for him because he was a war hero and don't look beyond his military service like what his actual voting record is.  Voters are inherently uninformed because they don't bother to check information out for them selves.  So until we either have better educated voters or the repeal of the 17th, McCain and McFlake are there until they decide to leave. 

This may brighten your day:  http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/09/14/mccain-says-hes-thinking-abou...

All of this is pure Kabuki theatre 101, a bit long but worth the read. More "slush money" flowing around Washington DC than Carter has liver pills. Flake and McCain are "tapped" into this largesse.
According to President Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulsen (author of TARP I), what caused the 2007/08  financial collapse is going to happen again today…here are the reasons(funny, same ones today as in 2007). How's about McCain's Savings & Loan "tryst?" And "Keating Five?"
First, mortgage finance behemoths Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae remain government entities and it's politically problematic for the government to shrink them to a manageable size since they're making considerable money(comment:everyone gets pay increases and bonuses there, too). Don’t forget, these two organizations packaged and sold lots and lots of worthless, securitized home loans, paper et al back in 2004-2005. Repeating the same MO, today..
Second, the “shadow banking system” is still a problem (anybody know, or hear, about this animal? Betcha your lawmaker does).
"More needs to be done" to:
1) fix repo securitized lending
2) more disclosure regarding the holdings of money market mutual funds.
Third, Mr. Paulson noted,  there are too many financial regulators and they tend to engage in "dysfunctional" competition, which he described as "a big problem (read:Dodd-Frank and Barney Frank)."
Paulson added that Congress has tied the hands of both the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department in dealing with a future crisis. Bloomberg Businessweek reported that Paulson's Treasury in 2008 used its exchange stabilization fund (anybody know what these ESF people do? One financial guru has labeled this organization the world’s largest illegal ponzi scheme)to guarantee the assets of money market mutual funds, "a measure that prevented a run on those funds that would have crippled the financial system." The Treasury would not be permitted to do that today. SAY WHAT?  ESF is doing the very same thing right this minute. WAKE-UP America!!! Washington DC Elites are screwing We The “little” People with their crony-capitalism. JEEZ!!!
In a look back at the crisis published in the Sept. 16-22 issue of Bloomberg Businessweek, Paulson discussed the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
Ever wonder why not one single financial organization’s executives hasn’t been prosecuted for their “shenanigans?”
Here’s Washington DC’s ELITEist answer:” "The capital program we designed to get out [of the crisis] and put capital into hundreds of banks very, very quickly and recapitalized the U.S. financial system, is a huge success. That money has come back, all that, plus $32 billion," Paulson told CNBC.”  Anybody remember increased bank fees? Credit card phony charges? How’s about those increased ATM fees? There’s your $32 billion dollars…We The “Little” People paid for all this flim-flammery. Sorry, start saving your hard earned tax dollars “the collective” is most certainly coming after it.Pray. Amen. Remember: "follow the money!!"

Anyone who will believe that "old" McCain is   thinking about retirement is just fooling themselves.  This "old" crazy man will die in his senator chair before retiring.  I hope Az. has learned it lesson, and will not vote him in again.

I was doing a little research and came across this.  It is a good explanation of  why you can't recall a Congressman unless you have a whole lot of money.

http://www.uscitizensassociation.com/pdfs/Recalling%20U.S.%20Senato...

Please go to web-site (www.michael Savage.com)  There you can read Michael Savage dissects of McCain's Pravda commentary.  Also facts on McCain's navy career.  According to his records, McCain was a incompetent  aviator, and should have been thrown out of the Navy, and more. 

I will sign and I will walk the walk on getting the requried signatures.  How do we start??

Last two days on the radio a few of the conservative talk hosts have been expressing the desire for a third party. This should have been done a long time ago.  The time is right, the loser party ( republican) needs to go.  One suggestion from a listener for the New Name, The American Conservative Party.  I'm encouraged that the conversation is becoming more intense.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Kelly Townsend.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service